You! Yes, you! I am feeling extra glitzy on this fine-ass FRIDAY for all sorts of reasons. First, I can consistently breathe through my right nostril now; and that right there makes me want to vote myself queen of my own olfactory prom!
But I think it’s more than the perpetual stream of fresh oxygen that I’m blessed with: I can just feel the excitement in the air. It’s fizzy and electric and caffeinated and… more than weird sparkly springtime behind my face, it’s soon to be weird sparkly springtime all around me!
To quote my homegirl Penny Lane, “It’s all happening.” Call it my spidey sense or my feminine intuition or what have you, but I can practically hear the universe shifting in my favor. And to celebrate? A love list!
1. My other homegirl, Tori Dotgovdotcom is back this week! I’ve been shielding her from all. of. my. germs until now, but I get to hang with her and some magnificent others this evening. One such magnificent other works for a BOMB startup called Mentor Mob. They’re taking fab strides to shake up our definition of education and you should absolutely read about them and support them 1000%.
My friends are so fly.
2. This frisky fundraiser. I may or may not be involved… you should buy tickets and check it out either way!
3. So half of my family members were born this week in history, and I get to celebrate with them again this weekend! While you’re all drinking green beer and making out with French Polynesians wearing “Kiss me! I’m Irish!” buttons, I will be at a 4 year old’s birthday party. And she is the cutest! Yes she is! If only you all could see the Christmas card collage on my refrigerator door…
4. The “Music from Girls (HBO) Soundtrack” by Yann Kerjan on Spotify… follow that playlist! Although Girls has been leaving me with a seriously icky feeling lately (did anyone see the last episode? More accurately, could anyone watch the last episode?! The Q-tips? The Kanye performance? ADAM?!?!), the music’s fab and just varied enough for ideal desk listening. Do it.
5. One Part Plant. Sweet friends, I’ve nearly exhausted my lunch break or I would wax on for hours about how cool this is, but Jessica Murnane has succeeded in convincing the chefs at some of Chicago’s most beloved (and meatiest!) restaurants to get some vibrant veg entrees on their menus! I love vegan restaurants, but I appreciate restaurants that cater to everyone’s preferences even more.
Yikes! Lunch break OVER. More from me tomorrow