Weekend friends! It’s Friday and the weird sparkly springtime behind my face is on standby. Mostly, I’m excited for a rest. EVERYONE is throwing a fabulous party tonight (did you know you’re hosting?!) and that restless, people pleasing, spotlight-lovin’ part of me is all “should I wear the vintage sequins or the sheer pink?”…
…but the rest of me, the part with a brain and a SINUS INFECTION needs to don my velour leopard pants, slather my face in night cream, order nachos for din din and worm into bed like the limp, effete, snot-oozing doozy I am. That part wins.
What I will NOT, do, however, is let the part of me that wants to be a surly asshole win. YOU LOSE, surly asshole Rose. So, without further ado, a very. necessary. love list!
1. New old friends: Pals/acquaintances of yore have been lighting up my phone and my life lately. Some of ‘em found this blog, realized we were still two like minds without the faux-unifier of “college” or “high school” (pshhh, “education”), and made the effort to get together! How fab is that? Little known fact: I love people. I probably love you. Feel free to bug me.
2. Nail art: Have you all heard of AstroWifey? If not, dear one, you are majorly missing out.
Last night, one of my new old friends and I went to a super fun shopping event (…at an Acura dealership?) sponsored by the Chicago Sun’s “Style, Society and Celebrity” Splash pages, and there waiting to BLOW OUR MINDS was Ashley, a.k.a. AstroWifey. She’s a true artist: from Fornasetti illustrations, to tiny rappers, to Archie comics… she can paint it on yo’ digits. New/old friend and I frrrreaked.
We love you, AstroWifey!
3. Baristo stalking: It’s just so easy. Work is way more fun when there’s a caffeine wielding mega-babe looming over your shoulder, amiright?
4. Organization: I haven’t had time yet to unpack from my recent trip and my freaky vegan kitchen is a pit of squalor and DESPAIR… but, I love that I’ll have time to clean tomorrow morning. (I’m really stretching here…)
5. My neti pot. Wah wah “they kill” blah blah. Just boil your water prior to adding saline solution, and let it cool before you irrigate your rivers and streams and tributaries of never ending mucous, and you won’t die. On the contrary, my neti pot is totally keeping me alive right now.
6. My incredible mama’s BIRTHDAY. It’s coming!
There is, of course, so much more to adore, but a girl can only be so positive. Sunshine, rainbows, clear nasal passages and squeaky clean kitchens to come, bunnies! How ’bout you all? What’s on your love list? What are you looking forward to this weekend? Holla at your girl!