If I could blog whilst romping in the sunshine, y’all would see a whole lot more of me this time of year. Has any bunny out there mastered beach-blogging? This type of writing would be way more seasonal if I could wear my new bikini, pictured below on Tay Swift, and sip coconut water/tequila/lime cocktails (both dehydrating and rehydrating!) out of a mason jar while waxing philosophical about LYFE.
Obv, I could go old school and use a notebook (NOT a Moleskin. Those people are THE WORST.) But then I can’t link to stuff/click on all of the things/overstimulate my brain in a big and beautiful way, you know? I feel like I’m at a disadvantage if I’m writing without my laptop. Is that what Ipads are for? I don’t know anything about technology because I’m too busy romping in the sunshine. YOLO! I also haven’t bothered to learn the proper usage of YOLO… because I’m too busy romping in the sunshine. There’s a lot of romping up in here. Should we maybe start a love list? I think so.
1. Clothing swaps/girl group-hangs. Went to one on Monday at the home of a fly lady I was sorely missing (holla, J. Yentz!), and came away with a trench coat and a Chi straightener. YOLO…? No? Ok.
2. Roasted asparagus. So I’ve been to four farmer’s markets this week… I have kind of a problem. We’ve still got a few weeks until said farmer’s markets are veritable cornucopias of berries and summer squash, so every booth is pimping out their asparagus. And I’m a sucker. I like mine doused in olive oil, salt and pepper; baked at 400° for half an hour or so, and topped with a heavy handed squeeze o’ lemon. Aw yeah. The tips get all crispy and delicious… total produce swoon.
3. Two INCREDIBLE musicians I saw live this week: Lady Lamb the Beekeeper and Xenia Rubinos. Both of them are powerfully talented and deeply humble despite their success… mega-inspirational! Plus they’re way cute:
Fave Lady Lamb song: “Crane your neck.” Fave Xenia Rubinos song: “Ultima.” Spotify that sh*t asap!
4. Aforementioned romping/walking to work in the mornings. I do most of my thinking during this time. My headphones are conveniently broken, so I have an hour and a half every morning where I have nothing else to do but ponder, postulate and reflect… and stop for iced coffee and asparagus, of course. As fab as the Great Gatsby soundtrack is, I attribute the fact that I’ve mentally plotted out at least two chapters of my future book on these walks to not drowning out my ideas with Jay Z and Lana Del Ray. That said, the Emeli Sandé version of “Crazy in Love” is, like, SO good.
5. Bars. Soon enough, The Whistler will be my Cheers. I went last night with this crazy cat lady. Why is it so enticing to spend all of my money on fancy booze and patio real estate when it’s nice outside? Also, how do I break my current habit of going out after work and not eating dinner until midnight/falling asleep in my salad bowl?
6. My fatalistic friend is back from Indiana/Columbia (?) and we can haunt our favorite bar again. Oh, mustachioed men, bouncers with God complexes, and ironic hip hop beats, I’ve missed you so. Cannot wait.
7. Noms Collective this weekend! I’m thinking of making a strawberry rhubarb pie, among other things. I love getting my girls together, especially when there’s vegan food and wine involved.
8. Impending family vacay! See Tay Swift suit above. Family in general: mine is superb.
And there’s more to love, but I need to prepare for my silent trek to work. YOLO!(?!?!?!) What do you love this week? What do you have goin’ down this weekend? Do you have a secret trick to remaining plugged in in the great outdoors? Do you also love bourbon, asparagus and pie? Of course you do.
XOXO and Happy Friday!